Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Welcome!!

Today is my first blog and I'm very excited to get started !!


First off let me explain the name of my blog - I am the "pickle with a puzzle"!  Yes that's me!


As one of the millions of us out there living life in the so-called sandwich generation, I decided to name myself after my favourite sandwich part (a pickle).  The puzzle (and puzzle piece) is reference to my being the proud parent of a boy with autism.  Put them together and it may begin to give you a brief glimpse into my busy and wonderful world.


My reference to "one day at a time" has a double meaning.  First, taking things as they come has been useful advice I've given to myself from time to time.  And second, it's the name of one of my favourite television shows from the 1970s!  I grew up in the 70s and 80s and I plan to include lots of retro stuff here often.


Above all else I wish for my blog to be a positive place for readers to visit.  A place that's fun and informative.  A place where I may share my opinions and experiences with you and I will listen to yours.  I wish for this to be a place you will want to frequently return.






So welcome to my blog and I hope you enjoy it!

 


Linda   
Cheers!

No comments: