Friday, July 29, 2011

They're Gonna Wash Away

"It's not easy taking my problems one at a time when they refuse to get in line" ...Ashleigh Brilliant

LOL!!! Ashleigh Brilliant has a good sense of humour!

O.K. I'm feeling rather jovial this Friday evening.  No I'm not having the "everyone's finally asleep" party yet, but I'm happy for another reason.  My mom's going home tomorrow!

I'm so happy I feel like singing.. "I got troubles oh but not today, they're gonna wash away, they're gonna wash away.."




No, that's not me!!  That's just the way I feel.  I feel happy, overjoyed, relieved, and hallelujah we made it!

I'll never forget last April 2nd.  My friend phoned to wish us a happy world Autism day (that was so thoughtful of her!) and I could barely speak.  I had just heard that my mom had a terrible fall and was being to taken to hospital.  They were virtually certain she had broken her hip.  About two hours later that was confirmed and she was immediately scheduled in for emergency hip replacement surgery.  She is 82 and strong yet frail.  I spent about four hours praying she would make it through the surgery okay and then more prayers to get through the critical first week of recovery.  I was anxious and fearful of the worst, mostly because of the memories of losing my father four days following surgery nine years ago.  Thankfully she made it through the first week and the following four weeks of hospital rehab pretty well considering her age.  But she wasn't quite ready to be home on her own.  She came back to stay at our house on May 10th.  My son's been keeping track of the days -  82 (same as her age!).  My mom joked yesterday, "good thing I'm not 100!"  Good one, mom.

I am so grateful she recovered as well as she did and she's able to go home and return to her normal routines.  I feel guilty a little for feeling so happy that she's going home because right now I'm just thinking about myself, I am happy for selfish reasons.  I've been exhausted for four months from the stress, travel and extra responsibilities.  And I'm just overjoyed that my family can get back to our normal routines..finally!

If I am able to leave you with a positive message from this experience it would be this: Even if you think you already have your fill of problems, you could still wake up to an unexpected really big new one in the morning.  If you stay strong and get through that challenge, when it's gone, you will feel like brand new.  And that "new you" may be able to handle those "old you" problems a whole lot better.

Now, the best part of today's blog, seriously I've been looking forward to watching this all day long.  My favourite song from Lost (again!), from Season 1 - Tabula Rasa, Wash Away.  Everyone's favourite happy Lost tune.  BTW, there is nothing wrong with the sound the first few seconds, it's Hurley listening to it on his mp3!



Tabula Rasa means "Blank Slate".  At the end of the episode, Jack tells Kate that they all should be able to start over and the people who were fighting with someone "made amends".   Well except John Locke - he just sat and looked really creepy!

Let's watch - Enjoy!




That was so happy it made me cry!  When Walt ran to his dog, Vincent and jumped with glee, and when Sayid tossed Sawyer the apple, those parts got to me.  Great show, great memories.

Have a great weekend!
Linda



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice post, Linda.
I am glad all's well that ended well.
Watching the lost video and song made me think of putting troubles aside for now. I do that when I feel things get to be to much.

Anonymous said...

that song reminds me of feeling hopeful that it will get better glad it did for you

Linda said...

Thanks for your comments!
I love that song and how they used it in Lost. The part when Sayid tosses the apple to Sawyer chokes me up - his expression was of surprise and gratefulness, as if nobody has ever done that for him before.

Margaret said...

Isn't "wash away" from a dish soap commercial? I agree it's a song that has a happy spirit.

Linda said...

lol yes it's also from Dawn dishwashing liquid. I'm glad it does not remind me of doing dishes!