Wednesday, July 06, 2011

Uncle Buddy


"Everything is nicer when shared with an Uncle...be it a funny story, a piece of cake, a game of cards, a proud moment, a car ride, a special dinner, or a big hug." 



Growing up, I unfortunately barely knew any of my uncles.  But, I had in my mind an image of what I believed the perfect Uncle would be like:

A little kooky like "Uncle Fester"



As funny as "Uncle Arthur":




As caring as "Uncle Phil":




As imperfect as "Uncle Buck" :





As sweet as "Uncle Jesse":



And as proud of me as "Uncle Leo":



Now I would say that the perfect uncle would be someone who is exactly as he is, but tells his nieces and nephews to call him "Buddy", and wants to be their buddy throughout their childhood and well into adulthood.  I think everybody growing up should have a special "Uncle Buddy" in their lives!!

Today, we'd like to wish ours a very Happy Birthday!

Of course, it would also be nice if he could play pool like Uncle Phil !




Keep Practicing!

Best wishes,

Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow..it's been years since I saw a picture of old Uncle Arthur and Uncle Fester. Thanks for helping me not forget those funny television characters.

Linda said...

Yes, Paul Lynde and Jackie Coogan, (RIP), were terrific comedians!

Linda said...

I don't want to forget John Candy (Uncle Buck) and Len Lesser (Uncle Leo), have also passed away. They were wonderfully funny men as well.

Linda