Friday, July 15, 2011

Best Things in Life Are Free!

"Just living is not enough.  One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower." .... Hans Christian Anderson

My husband's favourite expression is "the best things in life are free."  I would have to at least this week completely agree with him.  We've had such beautiful weather here and I'm feeling so much more happy and energized!  Even our pet puppy's tail's been happily wagging in circles at a frequent rate, I guess anticipating her extra walks around the lake.  I'm not even checking the forecast anymore - I'm going to enjoy it as if it's our last, then perhaps be pleasantly surprised when I wake up tomorrow!

You know those days when you can't get a song out of your head and you're humming it to yourself all day?  Well, my tune has been around for about 4 days!  It began as I was planning out things we could do at a sleep over with my young niece and nephew.  Then I remembered one of my first sleep overs and watching The Muppet Show with my friends.  I had visions of all four of us bouncing around in our jammies and shouting out the theme lyrics we all knew by heart:



This is the tune that's stuck in my head!  Today I was in the kitchen making lunch, and when I pulled out the tray of french fries, I cheerfully sang "It's time to put on ketchup, it's time to salt them right..."!

Oh boy...perhaps I've been in the sun just a little too long!

I hope you all have a most sensational, inspirational, celebrational, muppetational weekend!


Cheers!
Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Miss Piggy and Kermit the Frog get married?

Linda said...

LOL! I think she tricked him into marriage in the movie "Muppets Take Manhattan".