Friday, July 01, 2011

Happy Canada Day!




"I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country.  This freedom of heritage I plan to uphold for myself and all mankind."...  John Diefenbaker, from the Canadian Bill of Rights, July 1, 1960.


HAPPY CANADA DAY 2011!

Here is our National Anthem, O Canada, along with some great photographs of our "our cherished land":





Today is the unofficial start of summer vacation! I hope all my readers from Canada and around the world have a wonderful and safe summer.  I hope you all create some long lasting memories of good times with your family.  Enjoy it!

I'm sure that all parents of school aged kids are breathing a collective sigh of relief that another year has ended and we can take some time now to relax!  This week was exhausting for me and bitter/sweet.  If the graduation on Wednesday was not enough to get me crying like a baby that my kids are growing up way too fast, yesterday I heard the final school bell ring and we took our last walk through the school yard, well I began crying all over again!!  I no longer have children in junior elementary.  They're growing up and I'm...getting old!!  O.K. I have to stop that right now!  Of course I'm still young - it's Canada Day, and I'm going to ride all the roller coasters etc. at Canada's Wonderland as is our tradition, and I'm really looking forward to that - so I guess I'm still a little bit young, at heart!

Today is also very exciting as my blog is officially one month old!!  Hurray!  I think that deserves a song - here's my favourite Happy Anniversary song of all time...probably yours too:







Oh that video is sooo cute!!  I just want to say that I love writing my blog!  Please email me (visit my profile for address!) with any comments or suggestions you may have, I'd love to hear about what I'm doing wrong....and right!

Cheers!
Linda

No comments: