Monday, August 01, 2011

Happy August Civic Holiday!



Today is the first Monday in August and for us in Canada it is a statutory holiday.  It's basically a Family Day in the summer.  We don't have anything special planned, but we made it a tradition to go out for ice cream.  Luckily, Dairy Queen does not close during the summer, even on a holiday.

So my blog is now two months old!!  I'd like to wish "A Pickle..with a Puzzle" a Happy Anniversary:



I hope my blog survives just so I can hear that song over and over again.  It's too cute!

I have published 34 posts into this blog since May 31st.  I'm thrilled that so far I have managed to keep with my original vision of this blog when I welcomed you here on that date:

..."Above all else I wish for my blog to be a positive place for readers to visit.  A place that's fun and informative.  A place where I may share my opinions and experiences with you and I will listen to yours.  I wish for this to be a place you will want to frequently return."

Thank you all so much for your support!  I would also like to take this time to welcome all my new visitors to my blog.  You may email me directly with comments or suggestions for new and interesting topics I may consider tackling for our group.  I love to hear your feedback and I will absolutely consider all suggestions.

I would also like to draw your attention to something I added to the left side bar of my blog front page - the 10 most popular posts, which blogger statistically calculates based on most visits to it, are featured.  I also added one extra - Pickle's Post Pick, which I will change every week or so.  It's fun for me to see some of my golden oldies again, and for many of you, you missed them the first time around.

So it's the first of August, another new beginning.  Everybody today hug a loved one, a parent who helps you, a parent you are helping, your partner, a friend, and most of all - give your kids extra hugs and kisses and have a fun day!

Cheers!
Linda

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Holiday and Anniversary to your blog. Funny clip from the Flintstones, made me laugh!

K

Anonymous said...

good to have extra links to your old stuff, i looked back on the one about being grateful for your family and it was very good.

Linda said...

Thank you!

Yes "a plate of homemade wishes" was a post I enjoyed writing. When I include a bit of my past through nostalgia, my goal is to not only write a nice message, but to make a connection with my readers so that we can relate to each other in different ways.