Monday, August 08, 2011

Happy Birthday Husband!

"The best husband is the one who can sense when you need a good laugh and then has the skill to deliver a great line"....lulu

Yesterday I was feeling a little stressed and worried about something in the car.  Suddenly, my husband pointed out something funny for me to look at, and instantly I felt better.

When you share a long life with someone, what else could be more valued at this stage than sharing a good laugh?  And my husband, he can really tell a good joke.  But more incredible, he has a quick wit.  I on the other hand, tell the worst jokes.  I totally blow the delivery and get all mixed up.  So today if I had one wish, I would wish to be a funny lady like Lucille Ball and tell my husband a really good joke for his birthday.  Since I know that's not possible, I decided the next best thing would be for me to contact some funny people and ask for a couple of good jokes.  So, I contacted these funny ladies:










They were happy to give me a couple of suggestions, so here it goes.  What did the lawyer name her daughter?  Sue!  Ha Ha that's a good one, right?  O.K. now that I've warmed up, here's the big joke:

...An old man went to the doctor complaining that his wife could barely hear.  The doctor suggested a test to find out the extent of the problem.  "Stand far behind her and ask her a question, then slowly move up and see how far away you are when she first responds."  The old man, excited to finally be working on a solution for the problem, runs home and sees his wife preparing supper.  "Honey", the man asks from 20 feet away, "what's for supper?"  After receiving no response, he tried again from 15 feet away and again no response.  Then he tried again at 10 feet away and again no response.  Finally he was 5 feet away "honey, what's for supper?"  She replies, "For the fourth time it's lasagna!".

I hope you enjoyed my joke and I give credit to all the experts!!

Happy Birthday, to the best husband, father and funny man in the world!!




Love from your wifey poo,
Linda


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a cute post!

K

Diane said...

Hi Linda,
Wish you many more birthday celebrations.