Friday, September 02, 2011

First Sunday In September

"Dad, you're someone to look up to no matter how tall I've grown."...author unknown.



Ever since I was a young girl, I only ever thought of the first Sunday in September as being the day before Labour Day, the first Monday in September, and that being the last long weekend of the summer, also known as the last weekend before the start of school.  The busy period where we try to cram every last bit of first day preparation in, while at the same time, enjoying our last moments of summer.

Now I have come to realize that the first Sunday in September has a special meaning to two other countries in the world.  I'd like to take this opportunity to wish all my readers (and mates!) from Australia and New Zealand a very Happy Father's Day!







I sure hope you have better weather where you are than what is being forecast for here in Ontario, Canada on Sunday - rain/thunder showers.  Oh well, we certainly cannot complain of the rain this summer, we had it sunny and hot here most days.  A little too hot at times, but overall we were blessed with a perfect summer.

I hope everyone enjoys their last weekend with their families.  Next week will be back to normal, new beginnings and for me, I will have more time to devote to special projects and my blog.  Looking forward to it...

My video for today features the song "Waltzing Matilda", a traditional song in honour of our friends from Down Under.  In keeping with my nostalgia theme, I dug out an old episode from my favourite soap opera "General Hospital", from 1990.  One of my favourite actors from that show during the 80's and 90's was Tristan Rogers, an australian actor who played the character Robert Scorpio.  In this scene, there was a "fake" funeral for Robert going on and his fiance and friend sang "Waltzing Matilda", and did so beautifully.  Yes, that really is Jack Wagner singing!  Hope you enjoy it!




Have a great and safe long weekend, everyone.  I hope you make many joyful memories with your family and friends that you will cherish a lifetime.  

Cheers!
Linda

No comments: